Positive affirmations can be used to reprogram your thought patterns and change the way you think and feel about things. They are short positive statements that can help you focus on goals, get rid of negative, self-defeating beliefs and program your subconscious mind. These affirmations mirror the belief “you are what you think.” The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, originally meaning “to make steady, strengthen.” Make sure to keep these affirmations in mind throughout the day, especially every morning when you wake up, or every evening!
In her article, “35 Affirmations That Will Change Your Life,” Dr. Carmen Harra, explains the benefits of using affirmations and how they can improve your life.
“Affirmations help purify our thoughts and restructure the dynamic of our brains so that we truly begin to think nothing is impossible. Affirmations do indeed strengthen us by helping us believe in the potential of an action we desire to manifest. When we verbally affirm our dreams and ambitions, we are instantly empowered with a deep sense of reassurance that our wishful words will become reality. Affirmations are proven methods of self-improvement because of their ability to rewire our brains. Much like exercise, they raise the level of feel-good hormones and push our brains to form new clusters of “positive thought” neurons(http://www.arlenetaylor.org/brain-care/953-affirmation). In the sequence of thought-speech-action, affirmations play an integral role by breaking patterns of negative thoughts, negative speech, and, in turn, negative actions.”
Below I have listed a summary, made by Essential Life Skills .net of the benefits and tips for using positive affirmations in your life .
When used properly, the use of affirmations can change your attitude and behaviors.
- Can change negative thinking into positive.
- Help you stay focused.
- Help you relax and release tension.
- Can help motivate you to achieve your goals.
Tips On Use:
- Make up special, meaningful phrases in your own descriptive words. It makes them more credible and therefore more effective.
- Write them down so you remember what they are & are able to use them over & over again.
- Always state them in the positive, for example say, “I am good at this”, instead of “I will not be bad at this”.
- Find a specific time and a quiet place; repeat them at least twice daily.
- State them with conviction, enthusiasm and desire.
- Live them. Practice what you affirm.
by Vital Affirmations
Affirmations for Health
- Every Cell in my body vibrates with energy and health
- Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul
- My body heals quickly and easily
- I eat well, exercise regularly and get plenty of rest to enjoy good health.
Affirmations for Abundance
- I prosper wherever I turn and I know that I deserve prosperity of all kinds
- The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful
- I pay my bills with love as I know abundance flows freely through me.
- I know I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
Affirmations for Love
- I know that I deserve Love and accept it now
- I give out Love and it is returned to me multiplied
- I rejoice in the Love I encounter everyday
Affirmations for Romance
- I have a wonderful partner and we are both happy and at peace
- I release any desperation and allow love to find me
- I attract only healthy relationships
Affirmations for Weight Loss
- I am the perfect weight for me
- I choose to make positive healthy choices for myself
- I choose to exercise regularly
Affirmations for Self Esteem
- When I believe in myself, so do others
- I express my needs and feelings
- I am my own unique self – special, creative and wonderful
- I believe in, trust and have confidence in myself.
- I forgive myself for not being perfect because I know I’m human.
- I know, accept and am true to myself.
Affirmations for Peace and Harmony
- All my relationships are loving and harmonious
- I am at peace
- I trust in the process of life
Affirmations for Joy and Happiness
- Life is a joy filled with delightful surprises
- My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship. All I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.
- I choose love, joy and Open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.
- I enjoy life to the fullest.
- I look for humor and fun in as many situations as possible.
To read more positive affirmations related to personal development, visit Essential Life Skills .net
Are you finding it hard to be positive in your life, and speak positively about yourself? Is this lack of positivity affecting you accomplishing your goals for yourself? If so, speaking with one our of Licensed Mental Health Counselors in Orlando may help. Please visit us at Life Skills Resource Group Orlando or call us at 407.355.7378 to schedule a free phone consultation. Whether it is for you or for someone else, our Individual Counselors in Orlando, our Orlando Life Coach or our Orlando Child Counselors, Orlando Adolescent Therapists, and Orlando Teen Counselors would be happy to sit down with whomever may be struggling to help them put their life back on track and in a positive direction.
~Start and always reminding yourself of all the good you are. Sabina