I choose to be happy!
I choose to have fun!
I choose to work hard!
I choose to help others!
I choose to love and be loved!
I choose …. life!
Shockingly , I have come to deeply understand that I cannot make these life affirming choices without setting clear intentions for my day and then putting the intention in the hands of the universe (or god, or spirit).
The importance of developing a set of daily practices finally landed for me about 5 years ago when I invited Lezlie Laws to speak to a group of women I was conducting a year long self care group with at Life Skills Resource Group.
The thing about Lezlie is that she walks her talk and therefore her passionate delivery of the importance of daily practices really hits home.
I would love to tell you that I immediately developed and then consistently executed my daily practices.
The truth is that I had the intention to do so but intention without attention leads to inconsistent action.
On the other hand, my friend and colleague Mona El Alaoui taught me that “intention with attention leads to no-tension”. Makes perfect sensE.
What I know for sure is that when I am consistently committed to my practices, my life has a quality of peace and ease.
Without further ado, here are my 12 actions for creating a life that feels amazing:
1. Start each day asking yourself how you want to feel.
2. Read from a spiritual or life affirming text.
3. Make a list of things you are grateful for and take the time to feel this in your body.
4. Create a plan for the day that will lead you to the feeling you are choosing.
6. Move your body in a way you truly enjoy.
7. Nourish your body with healthy and delicious foods.
8. Connect with others in a meaningful way.
9. Live mindfully in the present moment
10. Remember that the feelings you focus on can guide you to joy or to despair.
11. End your day reflecting on your day and thank yourself for where you remained aligned with your felt intention and forgiving yourself for where you didn’t.
12. Do it all again tomorrow!
Why not set started tomorrow?!?! I’d love to hear from you about the practices you use to thrive!
If are looking for help to get a handle in your busy reach visit our website https://www.lifeskillsresourcegroup.com/ or 407.355.7378 to schedule an appointment.
Cindy Fabico, MA, NCC, RYT200 Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist MT2724 Licensed Mental Health Counselor MH8555 Founder & CoOwner Life Skills Resource Group